Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th!

Not only was my little (almost) 2 year old not afraid of the fireworks, she practically fell asleep during them! She was so cute ... she swam and ate and played and danced and had a great time at Lisa and Robert's house. Then Robert started the fireworks a little early so that she could see them before we had to leave. She oohed and ahhed and went "wow!" when she saw them. But after about 1/2 hour, she just couldn't hold her head up any more. Bless her heart ... so I changed her into her pjs and we loaded up the minivan and started home. I'd say she got about 1 mile down the road before her head nodded. I can't wait to get the pictures downloaded .. we got a GREAT video of her dancing!

It was a great day, even if I did have to work. I'm trying to save ALL of my leave time for when we go back to Guatemala to pick up Maya's little sister, Maria. Right now it's looking like late October to late November for a potential pick up date. But of course there is really no way to know for sure. I can't wait to travel back and take Maya with us. I know she won't remember any of the trip when she's older, but I will! And I'll take plenty of pictures, of course. And as a friend once said, it's a family that we're building, and Maya is part of that family. We finally got her passport in the mail a couple of weeks ago. So anyway, I worked from 7:00 until 1:00 and then came home to spend the rest of the day with my Maya Papaya. I just adore hanging out with that little girl!

I'll come back and include pictures after we get them downloaded. She was too cute in her little ladybug swimsuit! How did I ever get so lucky to be mom to the best baby in the whole world?!!

No comments: