Sunday, January 13, 2008

Guess what started today?!

Scene: in the bathtub.
mommy: "stand up, Maya, so we can wash your behind."
maya: "BUT WHY?"
mommy: "because it's stinky."
maya: "BUT WHY?"
mommy: "because you've had a few stinkies today and we need to clean it."
maya: "BUT WHY?"
mommy: "maya, we need to wash your bottom. stand up, please."
maya "BUT WHY?"
mommy: "BECAUSE I SAID SO!"

sigh. Let the good "why's" roll.

Two and a half really is a fun age, though. Maya is like a sponge, and just seems to absorb everything around her (including the few, uh, not so nice words mommy MIGHT have let slip.)

The other thing I thought was really cute was:
mommy: "Maya, your hairband is sooo cute!"
maya: "I like it."
maya: "not really. hehehe."

She really does not like things in her hair. She will keep the little elastic bands I use for ponytails, but removes all clips and bows and headbands and anything else I have tried. I think she would take the elastic bands out too, but she hasn't figured out how to do that without hurting her head.

She's growing up too fast!!! How do I slow it down?! Oh, and she's learned the art of little white lies already. I must admit I loved the stage before she learned how to lie. I could just ask her "Maya, do you have a stinky diaper?" And she would look at me and nod. Now I ask her the same question, and she's figured out to say no..... even if the true answer is yes.

Maya definitely has the make believe thing down, too. She likes to pretend she's a bee stinging us to make us cry. And tonight I told her to look sad and she made the cutest little frown EVER! It was absolutely adorable, so we had to go show daddy. I have got to get a picture of it, and of course will post it whenever I do. I foresee a Tony award in her future....

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That is so funny Skylar hasn't gotten to the "why's" yet but we have to pretend to cry too. Its quite funny. This stage is really fun. We are so very lucky aren't we?!