Sunday, July 20, 2008

Good Grief! Tired, but happy ...

How in the world does time creep by so slowly when you're 10 waiting for Christmas to come, yet fly by so fast when you're (um, let's say 40-something) and trying to get ready for a 3-year old birthday party?!?!
I was seriously shocked when I saw that my last post was June 9. I know the laptop has been in the shop for about 3 weeks now, but geez, that's almost a month and a half! So much to post about, and so little time to do it....
Maria's day in Family Court was June 9, and I finally have the pictures downloaded from my camera. The judges were great and came all the way down from the bench for the picture I requested. So the final 't' is crossed and the final 'i' is dotted! Isn't my little American beautiful?!
Next update: Maria is officially WALKING! She's been taking a step here and there for several weeks, and just like Maya did, she finally let go and just took off across the room and there was no going back! She can even stop and almost fall, but catch her balance and get upright again and keep on going. Such a smartie! I tried to upload the video, but can't seem to get it to work. The video is cute, because you get to see the jealous sister Maya when Maria gets the attention and applause so deserving of those who begin to walk. hehehe. Plus you get to see our real-life Tuesday evening mess in the living room after the girls have been playing in there for a couple of hours.
And finally (for today anyway): Maya appears to be potty-trained!! BIG WOOHOO!! We were getting nervous, since her preschool will not allow the 2K kids to move on to 3K in late August unless they are completely, and I mean COMPLETELY potty-trained! But she seems to have gotten it now, and has been in big girl panties since Tuesday. We still have some issues with, um, poops. There's just no nice way to say that, is there? But now that I've seen her accident free on the pee-pee side for almost a whole week now, I'm confident we can beat the poop problem in the next month. YAY!
That's it for now. It's 1:00 and I have to get up in another 4 hours for another exciting week at work. More on the birthday plans later .......

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

So Cute! Maya and Marie are just baby dolls! Congrats on the potty training. That is never easy!

Kelly said...

holy shmoly time flies by!!!!!!!I cannot believe the girls look so much older ! I hope you guys are having a great summer. Girl you better update sooner next time :)

Kelly said...

Oh and I forgot to say WOOOOOOHOOOO MAYA !!!! Big girl Panites YAY !!!!

Lilysmom said...

Well hello there we have missed YOU. Way to go Maya. I wish you were closer so you could teach some other guatemalan princesa that pants must be down in order to have a success. And well Miss Maria you are just fantastic. Happy 3rd birthday Maya!