Sunday, June 21, 2009

Random Pics

After coming home from Charlotte, mommy took a rare NAP, made supper, and then took the girls outside to play in the kiddie pool. The good news is that daddy finally got the pool looking blue instead of green! Yay! So hopefully we can swim in the big pool soon, but if I'm taking them out by myself, I prefer the kiddie pool anyway ... safer, you know!

I think I could get a shot like this every year of Maya. Nothing more fun than falling in the pool backwards, you know...

Isn't this the cutest thing ever!?
This is a creek in a local park, where we took Maya for one of her school friend's birthday last weekend. I forgot there was a creek in that park, as we had not been there in a couple of years. I don't think Maya was even walking last time we went there. But oh, my ... it did not take her long to gravitate toward the water, and there she stayed for most of the party.


And this is Maya's newest BFF, Elysia. She's such a cutie-pie, and she is the reason Maya no longer wants her hair cut. Elysia's hair has never been cut, and comes down past her waist. These two are two of a kind. Her mom works at the daycare where both girls go, and she was telling me that a lot of the girls in the 3 year old class don't like to stay outside as much, as it gets too hot, and they don't like running around in the heat. Our girls, however, are right there with the boys wherever they go, and they love to run and jump and do the kung fu or spiderman moves the boys are doing. So what happened to the GIRL I requested from Guatemala? hmmm??? And Maria, of course, is not going to be left out!


This was at the same park with the creek. They were too cute! In case you can't tell, Maya's shorts are soaking wet. It didn't take her long to sit down in the creek. Elysia's dad and mom tried to tell her she can wade in the water, but she should try not to get her clothes wet, as they had other places to go after the party. I think I laughed out loud at them .. couldn't help it. To give her credit, Elysia did stay dry MUCH longer than Maya did. Here they were going up to the pavilion for cake and ice cream and the present-opening, and Elysia still had dry clothes. It wasn't until after this part of the party that Elysia finally gave in to peer pressure (sorry, Christen!) and followed Maya in sitting in the creek and splashing. Luckily, I had not only brought extra clothes for Maya to change in to, I had a spare set that Elysia could wear. I honestly didn't know there was water in this particular park, but I knew it was going to be hot, so thought I might take the girls to another park after this one, and the new park has a large water fountain area designed for kids to play in. So I had even brought bathing suits and towels, but we never got around to putting on bathing suits.






1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Great pictures!!! I love the one of Maya and her friend that is soooo cute!