Friday, April 11, 2008

Maria update




Maria is learning so very fast! She's simply amazing ... sometimes I completely forget she is 13 months old, as she is still small and a little delayed in some gross motor skills. But she is picking things up so quickly that it reminds me she is not going to be a little baby much longer. Today she learned to give mama some sugar. And for those of you reading who are not from the south, that is NOT sugar for my iced tea! I got a big old smoochy kiss from my baby today, and it just melted my heart to see that little grin after she did it.


I also handed her my cell phone, and that little stinker put it right up to her ear! Any time I asked her if she was calling Gran, she would try to get it to her ear ... it was sooooo cute!
She has sat up by herself at least 2 times that we know of, but I haven't seen it myself yet. We have an Early Interventionist work with her once a week, and even she is amazed at how quickly Maria is progressing. Even though Maria isn't crawling or walking yet, she IS pulling on anyone's hands she can get to and will pull herself up and "walk" holding on to your hands. That is currently her favorite thing to do, and it's breaking mommy and daddy's backs! But she is so very adorable, and we just love her to pieces. She gets the cutest grin ever on her face whenever she does something that we clap for, or that we praise her for. She'll head for the stairs whenever Maya goes to her room to play, and she loves to follow Maya wherever she goes. Even though she's not crawing, she can scoot on her little bottom anywhere she wants to go, and she's pretty quick, too!! I almost had a heart attack when I walked upstairs to wash my hands, and when I came back down she was sitting at the top of the other set of stairs!! whew ... just in time! (Yes, I learned to close the gate between the two stairs before going upstairs again!)

3 comments:

Lilysmom said...

Go Maria. You are amazing and a part of an amazing family. I bet your big sis is teachin you a thing or two!

Julie Q said...

It sounds like she is doing wonderful Sophia! How lucky she is to be your little girl! :)

Kelly said...

Oh kisses are the best!