Thursday, October 9, 2008

I found pictures!

I found recent pictures after all in my photobucket account! I forgot I had loaded them to post somewhere else, so here they are!

This is the infamous Marlowe the cat. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE at Maya's daycare knows about Marlowe. She would talk about him long before she could say coherent sentences, so every other word could be "marlowe", and then she would say "marlowe's crazy". I can't tell you how many times I was asked at the daycare "who is marlowe?" Here we have a bird that has actually landed on our window screen and was just hanging there for some strange reason. Marlowe spotted him, and poor little kitty about had a stroke trying to get to that bird. I see it as tantamount to someone hanging M&Ms outside the window and locking me inside the house with the windows nailed shut.

After the bird finally moved on to the ground, I couldn't resist this shot:

We have an inground pool, but if I'm home by myself with the girls, I prefer this pool. The suit Maria is wearing is a hand-me-down from Maya. Maya wore it last year for her 2nd birthday party, but it already fits Maria. hehehe.


Ever since Maria started walking, and then running and climbing, she gets so proud of herself whenever she does something Maya can do! Then she'll turn to us and give the cutest little grin ever....here she climbed on the little step stool and found she could look out the window.

And this is the fearless one. The one who really doesn't know how to swim, but does know how to hold her breath underwater, and who is more than thrilled to just jump in the pool. Yeah, makes a mom feel good knowing there is a big old pool in our back yard. We have GOT to get this kid some swimming lessons! In the meantime, we keep the 'chime' on our alarm system turned on, so we can always hear the beep-beep if someone opens the door. So far, so good ... she hasn't tried to get in the pool area without an adult there yet. And she will have lessons before next summer! This happens to be my cousin's pool .. the cousin without kids. So she can afford to have a gas line hooked up to her pool and provide heated water for us. yay! I don't even need our pool anymore ...it's so much nicer to be able to use someone else's without the maintenance! The next house we buy will be in a neighborhood that has a community pool, but NOT a pool in my backyard.





No comments: