Friday, February 6, 2009

They're growing up too fast!!

Speaking of babies growing up too fast, I just noticed in my last post that I said Maya's picture was from her 2K class Christmas program. oops. Let's make that the 3K class! My baby is 3 years old, and will be 4 in July. I feel like I should be at an AA meeting or something saying that. I'm admitting it. My baby is growing up. My little baby girl will be 4 in July. Maybe if I keep saying it enough, I'll believe it. Maya will be 4 ... Maya will be 4 ... Maya will be 4 ....

nope, not working.

Oh, and let's make this worse .... MARIA will be TWO years old in just a few more weeks. EEK! I can't take it.

So, what sane person obsesses and stresses over a 2 year old's birthday party? Just the thought of actually picking a theme is stressing me out to no end! Last year's party was an Elmo party, but she had only been home a month with us, and really wasn't "into" anything yet here. This year, she loves Elmo, but I feel funny using the same theme two years in a row, even though it will be a completely different crowd at this party. Last year she had not been home long, so her birthday was a chance to meet and greet a lot of family and friends. So other options, which she also likes, are Dora (who she happens to look exactly alike!), Bees/Butterflies (her nursery was butterflies, but she does this bee 'sting' thing that is adorable!), Jungle Book, or Madagascar. Or any wile animals. or any farm animals. or ..... I'm sure you get the idea. I have pretty much decided on Elmo again, but am not 100% with that yet. We'll see.

ok, must go to bed. it's after 1:00 a.m. and mama needs some sleep!

2 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I'd do Elmo again. It's not like she remembers last year and her fun is all that matters :)

Mama Bear said...

Tooooo fun!!!!