Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Flight of the Bumblebees (and Tigger?)

Maya and Maria were supposed to both be bumblebees. Maya is the one who came up with the whole idea, as a matter of fact. She announced early, when costumes were just beginning to appear in stores, that she wanted to be a bee for Halloween. So off we went in search of bee costumes, and found really cute ones at the first place we went. So we bought bee costumes. Case closed, right? Not so much ..... fast forward several weeks, and the mom of one of Maya's school friends told me "in case you didn't know it already, Maya wants to be a tiger for Halloween." whaaaaaat? Of course, I've heard of those kids that change their minds all the time when it comes to their costumes. But I've always said (and I was such a perfect parent before I had kids) that MY kids would have to stick to whatever costume we bought first ... I'm not going to have those spoiled rotten kids who always get their way. HA! double-HA!

So I happened to be in Toys R Us a couple weeks ago and saw that they had their Tigger costumes 1/2 price already. And really, isn't $9.99 a STEAL for a Disney costume of any sort? Even if we don't use them, the girls could play dress up with them later, right? RIGHT?? So that's not really spoiling them, is it? I didn't even tell the girls I had the costumes, since I was sure Maya would revert to wanting her bee costume again. But when the neighbor stopped by on Oct. 29th and asked Maya what she was going to be for Halloween, of course she exclaimed "A Tiger!" So I packed up both outfits and took them all with me when we went to C, where we were going to visit with my mom and go to a friend's Halloween party and the kids would all trick-or-treat from there. Sure enough, here's my little Tiger/Tigger and my bee. Maria did not seem to like the Tigger costume at all, and really wasn't that fond of the bee outfit either, but that was easier to convince her to wear since she was able to slip it off every now and then and run around in her black pants and top.

So then we went to spend the night at another friend's house, and I found out her daughter was a bumblebee this year! So on go all the costumes again (it was soooo hot in C this year that I let my girls take their costumes off early, and they actually did a round of trick-or-treating in regular clothes at the end!) so we can do the photo shoot:






And a good one of my mom and my girls!



2 comments:

Julie Q said...

Oh my gosh! They looked so cute! :)

Funny how they change their minds again and again and again.

Glad they had fun!

Mama Bear said...

oh my goodness, how cute are they. Love the costume story!!! looks like they had a blast!