Sunday, May 4, 2008

GOTCHA!

May 1st was 'Gotcha Day'! Two years ago we flew into Guatemala City on April 30, full of excitement, anticipation, a little fear, and a LOT of love for our baby girl. We had to wait until the next day to get her, but she was worth the wait! She was absolutely perfect, and she still is. I know some people do not like the phrase "Gotcha Day", but I like it! It's the day we got Maya, and the day Maya got us! I can't believe it's been 2 years, but I also can't believe she wasn't always part of our family. It's like we were just existing until she came, and now we are fully alive.

We celebrated a day early, since mama loves a good sale! The local bounce house now has a family time on Wednesday nights from 4 - 7, so I took that day off and took my girls around 4:30. Daddy met us there, as did Gran. We had a blast!




Maria, however, is not quite as fond of the big slide, so I'll save her the posting of the crying picture, and just post the one of what she DID enjoy there:


After Pump It Up, we went to Baskin Robbins 31-cent scoop night (in honor of our local firefighters) and we all enjoyed ice cream before supper! Maya, as usual, loved the treat but did not eat much as she just didn't have time to slow down and actually eat something. Maria did a little more damage to her 2 scoops. But let's just say mama polished off a whole bunch of ice cream that night! We all enjoyed it very much.

We love you, baby girl!

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I just wanted to tell you that it was nice to meet you Sat. and your girls are just adorable! I am adding you to my blog in my favs. so I can keep up with you!

Happy 1 yr. home Maya!

Mary Ann

Lilysmom said...

Oh Miss Maya. We thought of you as we celebrated our day. Cause it's your day too! Happy Gotcha day big girl. Keep up those smiles and all that charm!